Chicken Malai (Cream Cheese) Kabob Recipe
Chicken malai (cream cheese) kabob is another popular kabob from Indian cuisine. The kabobs are wrapped in creamy texture of cream cheese, cheese, sour cream that will literally melt in your mouth. The malai is blended with aromatic Indian spices to give authentic taste. These kabobs may be eaten with dipping chutney made from mint or cilantro. They are enjoyed as appetizer or snack.
- Yield: 6 kabobs
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Marinating time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Chicken 1” cubes – 1 lbs
- Sour cream - 1 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- cream cheese - 1 cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2 Tbsp
- Cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green cardamom powder, black pepper, salt and lemon juice.
- Separately Mash the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese, add corn flour and mix well. Add to the above mixture and mix well.
- Add the chicken cubes and mix it well. Add sour cream and mix lightly. Now keep this to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill or the oven at 350 degree F.
- String the chicken chunks onto skewers to make kabobs and place them on the rack of SkeweRack.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade on the skewers and drizzle little oil over the chicken.
- Now place the SkeweRack on the grill or in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until evenly golden. Turns the skewers to cook evenly from the other side. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the kabobs onto the serving plate and serve with cilantro or mint chutney.
-Recipe by Ketaki Shrivastava of Food-NDTV